Tuesday 18 May 2010

Back and Catching Up

I returned from Italy on Saturday to find that spring is well and truly here. The leaves are much greener and the sun is shinning.

In the hedgerows flowers are out and my favourite, bluebells are now splashing their colour everywhere.

The cows have gone out after the long winter months and they like nothing more than to lie in the sun.

I'm still frantically trying to catch up with household chores and farm paperwork, so once this is done I'll be back to tell you all about the week I spent in Italy, at the Watermill with a wonderful group of women on Sharon Kendrick's course.

I'll leave you with a photo which captures all I love about spring, the new green, bluebells and the cows enjoying the sun. What do you like most about spring?

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you had a lovely time but its good to have you back where you belong. looking forward to hearing the details of your trip. the thing i like most about spring is the exuberance of nature, it makes me feel as if anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Judith, after many cold months everything seems so much more positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the subtle scent of flowers which combine to make one intoxicating perfume - wisteria, bluebells, lily of the valley and other (usually white and starry!) unknown bushes which make me stop and blink as I pass them.....

    Lovely photo, Rachael.

    ReplyDelete