Saturday 25 February 2012

A weekend by the sea.

Last weekend I was in Fishguard attending a romance writing workshop with Kate Walker. As usual it was a brilliant weekend and once I arrived home I became immersed in my latest story, dealing with the areas that needed more work - as well as trying to do my jobs on the farm.

The sun shone after a wet Saturday morning, but ensconced inside, learning all I could to make my writing better, I didn't mind. It was a great group and we all helped and encouraged each other.


So if you fancy a weekend away, immersing yourself in your writing, then Fishguard is the place for you. If romance isn't your genre, then maybe one of the other courses offered like poetry, short stories even painting, might be just right for you. How can you resist a view like this? I know I can't and I'll be there again next February.

4 comments:

  1. So glad it went well, and so sorry I missed out this year. Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to see you again - and it was a realy great group, wasn't it? I had a lot of fun - and I enjoyed every minute. I really hope there were lots of 'lightbulb moments' for you and that you're inspired to write up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - looks lovely!

    Glad you had a brilliant time away - all the best with yoru writing :)

    ReplyDelete